Sunday, October 05, 2008

Indian Summer

What an absolutely gorgeous fall day! Warm and windless, with a brilliant gold sun against a bright blue sky. I spent most of the morning asleep after a late night online with Lauren and my WENN chat friends. The Beatles show was highlighting their early songs from 1964; I prefer their later music, so I switched to Unsung Musicals CDs as I ate Chocolate Chip Pancakes with honey for breakfast.

Work was steady to busy, with no major problems, not even scheduling snafus. I was in and out on time and went straight home after finishing my shift. I was hoping to catch the family before they left after the Eagles game was over. Uncle Ken, Dolores, Karen, and her 2-year-old son CJ were still there, but Jim had just taken their daughter Taylere to catch a train to Rutgers, Samantha and her family were on their way out, Jessa was at a friend's house, and Dad and Jodie were on vacation. I did get to have a hoagie and some cole slaw and chat with Karen and Dolores (and tell Dolores I intend to do my laundry tomorrow morning) and watch CJ run around on his new foot-powered bike.

And the Eagles lost to the Washington Redskins after being ahead for most of the game. The Phillies, on the other hand, advanced to the National League Championships after beating the Milwaulkee Brewers.

No comments: