Wednesday, October 29, 2008

We are the Champions

First of all...Yay! The Philadelphia Phillies FINALLY won their first World Series title since 1980 tonight! I knew SOMETHING was up when I heard fireworks and booms and pops in the direction of South Philly. Shame the trees haven't shed enough leaves yet for me to see the fireworks...

Other than that, this was a very quiet day. I had fairly early work at 11AM. Work was on-and-off busy, no major problems. I got in quickly, despite the wind, and my relief was on time. I had a really nice ride to and from work, too. Windy days sure work your cardiovascular system! It was windy, partly cloudy, and still cold, but neither were as bad as yesterday.

I was going to clean the bathroom when I got home, but by the time I got in, changed, and took out the trash, it was really too late to drag out all the cleaning items. I ended up baking Ginger Cookies instead. I needed to refill my cookie jar.

2 comments:

niferjen said...

Yey! and Congratulations Philadelphia!

Van said...

To be honest, I didn't want the Phillies to win. For reasons unknown, they are my least favorite team in the entire MLB.

But I guess they earned it (even though they probably cheated)