Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Balanced Motions

I went to my Yogawood class today. Jill, the usual instructor, was out today. Her replacement was a small blond lady named Victoria, who was excellent but lacked Jill's joie de vive. The class was actually fairly full for a Wendesday, 8 women counting Victoria. I'm doing better with the "tree" balance on one foot, but I still can't do headstands. Victoria said people who can't headstands probably lack practice or confidence. I know I lack both. And I still feel out-of-place, too. Victoria and the other women knew each other from the area, from PTAs, from pediatrician's offices. I have no children. I'm not married, nor am I ever likely to be at this rate. I don't think I'm ever going to fit in here.

I spent the rest of the morning mucking around online. My friend Amanda e-mailed me and asked if I wanted to go to the Voorhees Town Center (formerly the Echelon Mall) on Friday after my dental appointment. I said "sure." I haven't gotten together with her since Christmas.

It was another lovely day here, sunny and slightly warmer during the day, but still chilly at night. (It's so cold at night here, Miss Ellie turned the heat on. They've actually had frost warnings for the past few days.) Work was steady-to-busy, with no major problems. I had no relief and got in and out on time.

No comments: