Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Angels at Home

Rolled out of bed in time for breakfast and the second Match Game '75 episode. Gene gives Esther Rolle of Good Times an introductory kiss after forgetting the day before while bass-voiced Joe Silver wonders who's gonna give him a smooch. Meanwhile, Fannie jokes about her handicap when she and Brett go golfing, and there's some fairly amusing answers as to what President Ford went down the slopes on when his skis were repossessed. 

Switched to Hit the Ice while vacuuming and dusting my rooms. I go further into this wintry vehicle for comedy team Abbott and Costello at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.


Had lunch and took my laundry downstairs while moving on to my first Valentine's Day special of the year. Bugs Bunny's Cupid Capers is another collection of random bits and pieces of cartoons grafted into a thin story. Bugs thinks an Elmer Fudd-like Cupid is meddling. Cupid attempts to prove how important he is via sequences involving Daffy, Pepe Le Pew, Yosemite Sam, Granny, and the Tasmanian Devil falling in or pursuing love. 

Switched the laundry to the dryer, then tried to do some job hunting. I wish it wasn't so fruitless. I go on Indeed and Linked In, and I see nothing that's right for me. Everything wants more experience and skills than I have. Am I really that worthless? I wish I could find just one simple data entry or editing job who needed someone fresh and new and were willing to take a chance on a new trainee! They all want two or three or four or more years of experience and tons and tons of skills I don't understand. 

It rained late this morning and early in the afternoon, but the rain disappeared by the time Match Game began. When I looked out the window again around 3:30, I thought it was rain, but it was snow. Fine, light snowflakes drifted past my window. They didn't stick and didn't last more than a few minutes, but at least I can say I saw some snow this season! 

Switched to writing by 5. First of all, I went back and re-wrote the opening sequence slightly before returning to Allen and Richard. Betty reminds Allen that they're going out to dinner after she finishes her cooking show. Richard admires their relationship and points out that he'll need to be home at night for his sons. Allen understands - he'd been a single parent at one time before he married Betty and knows what it's like to be the only caretaker for your children. (True in both cases. Richard largely raised his sons on his own, and Allen reared his three children alone for about three years or so after his first wife died of cancer and before he married Betty.)

Broke for dinner and Match Game Syndicated at 7 PM. Started off with a question about the strange positions an archaeologist found cave people remains in. Half-way in, Gene gets a whole musical number going with former bassist Bill Daily...and they get so into it, Gene almost forgets about the question! Bill doesn't have nearly as much luck with "__ Rolls" in the Head-to-Head. In the second episode, Charles and Brett spend the time giving each other Worst Answer Awards. The others have more luck with the Audience Match for "Hooray __" than with "__ Leave."

Finished the night with Charlie's Angels at the Roku Channel after a shower and finally remembering to take my laundry upstairs. Two wealthy sisters come to the Angels and Bosley after a con-man strung along the younger sister and took them for over $100,000. "He Married an Angel" when Kris poses as a fellow con-artist to get close to him. Meanwhile, Kelly befriends his next victim, a mousy woman who owns an art gallery...and Julie learns that they're all playing with fire, including the con man, when it turns out the lady's father is a powerful mobster. 

No comments: