Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Shocking Tooth

I overslept slightly this morning. Did get some reading in, but there wasn't much time for anything else. Ate a small breakfast quickly, dressed, brushed my teeth, and hurried down to Westmont for my dental appointment. I got there slightly late, but I didn't have to wait long before they came for me.

As it turned out, I could have been indefinitely late. I wish the dentists at this office would get their stories straight. The dentist I had today told me that the tooth wasn't worth saving or putting a crown on. It apparently has an infection that just won't heal and they want to pull it out! Oh no. Not after the last large tooth they pulled hurt like heck. I was ready to have a crown put on, not to have the tooth yanked out. Plus, it doesn't hurt at all. The broken wisdom tooth hurt more. I made an appointment for my regular cleaning in early March, and then we'll see how I feel.

Ran to Target next for cold medicine. I've been sniffling and sneezing for days now. I haven't had a fever or loss of appetite, and I don't have Covid. I think it's just a regular old cold. Thankfully, since it was relatively early, the teenagers weren't out of school yet, and there were no lines. 

Had a quick but tasty lunch at the bagel shop on the other side of the Westmont Plaza. All of the ladies and college students chatting in booths sat in the front; I opted to sit in the back. Had an egg white and vegetable omelet with provolone cheese and a tasty "rainbow" bagel.

The weather wasn't any more pleasant than the news about my tooth. I rode to Westmont under gloomy gray skies. Felt the first raindrop as I made my way up the hill to the shopping center. It showered while I had lunch, but stopped before I finished. The rain would return again briefly - and much harder - less than a half-hour after I got home, but I don't think it's been back since. 

Messed around online for an hour until counseling. Told her about my busy and largely pleasant holiday season. Christmas and New Year's actually went very well under the circumstances, certainly better than they did in 2021! I had fun with my friends, with Rose and her family, and with the preparations. I thoroughly enjoyed my week off and seeing the Mummers Parade. 

On one hand, I am glad Rose is speaking to me again...but it may be a long time before I can really trust her. Her dropping me the way she did hurt. Mom says I should just forgive and forget, but it's not so easy to let go. I need to get my own lawyer and find other ways I can do things on my own and put less burden on Rose and others in my family.

And I certainly won't ever trust Jodie again. All she did those four months I spent looking desperately for an apartment was complain to her friends on the phone, whine to me about how terrible Rose was being and how she didn't want to lose the sale of the house, and talk about Rose and me behind our backs on her side of the house. She also refuses to take responsibility for anything that happened and continues to blame Rose for it all, when she was just as much at fault for not communicating with Rose or treating me like a real tenant. I'll talk to her if she calls me and even visit her if she asks, but I won't be calling her anymore.

Mrs. Stahl says I'm too hard on myself...but I still have a hard time believing that. If I were hard on myself, I'd do better. I don't think I'm being hard enough on myself! The Acme job is sucking the life and soul out of me, but every job I look at just seems to require more skills and experience than I have. I haven't used Microsoft Word or Excel or Power Point in years. I really need to talk to Abilities Solutions and see what they say about whether or not I'll be able to transfer my skills to a real job. 

After I got off with Mrs. Stahl, I sat down with Lady, Let's Dance! I go further into this surprisingly enjoyable low-budget ice skating musical featuring British figure skater Belita at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 


Did some writing next. Betty's able to fly over the ice sleigh and Gene falls asleep, giving her the chance to chat with the Nutcracker. Yes, he says, she does look like his Princess Marie. He's hoping to return to her and crack the nut, before the Mouse King or anyone else tries to take it again.

Broke for dinner and Match Game Syndicated around 7 PM. Though she did seem a bit bored with the whole thing, Kirstie Alley played very well in her two games, winning both. Robert Pine tried to help her with "__ Starter" in the first episode's Head-to-Head. Charles did better with "__ Paw" in her last appearance. 

No comments: