Saturday, January 28, 2023

Memories In the Dark

Started the morning with breakfast and the Doc McStuffins episode I wasn't able to get to on Thursday. Emmie, Doc's best friend, is delighted to be sleeping over Doc's house. Her new squirting elephant Hazel isn't as thrilled. Turns out she's worried about her trunk leaking. Doc reassures her that leaking happens, and she needs to clear out the water so "Hazel Has a Sleepover" that stays dry all night. Donnie's brontosaurus toy Bronty is also scared to tell Doc his problem when he gets syrup on his legs during "My Breakfast With Bronty" and is worried Doc will be angry. Doc's more worried that he didn't tell her what was wrong right away.

Spent the rest of the morning writing. Allen Ludden admits he's heard that Richard has a temper and is prone to egotism...but so is their morning show host Gene Rayburn. Richard assures him he can keep up with Gene...just as Allen's wife, cooking show hostess Betty White, pokes her head in to see if he wants to go out to lunch.

Had a really quick lunch before heading out. Got to work in plenty of time for once. That turned out to be a very good thing. We were busy as heck for most of the afternoon and evening. We're almost at the beginning of the month, and the Eagles play their big championship game against the 49ers tomorrow at 3 PM. We frequently had lines down the aisles because there wasn't nearly enough help to deal with them. Thankfully, it slowed down enough by 7 for me to shut down without a relief. I even treated myself to a container of Acme generic ice cream on sale in Mint Moose Tracks (aka, mint with chocolate cups and fudge ribbons).

After I got home, I went straight into dinner while watching Charlie & Lola. "Can You Maybe Turn the Light On?" Lola asks after Charlie reads her a book about a scary ogre before bed. Trouble is, Charlie needs darkness to sleep. He finally finishes the ogre book to show Lola the dark isn't so very scary after all.

(Wish that worked with my sisters. I know exactly where Charlie's coming from. I still can't sleep in anything less than total darkness...and Rose always needed a nightlight. It drove me crazy when we shared a room.)

Finished the night with Breaking the Ice on Tubi. I go further into this odd vehicle for boy soprano Bobby Breen at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

No comments: