Saturday, January 21, 2023

The Eagles Smash the Giants

Got a quicker start than I planned this morning after I overslept! Had just enough time for breakfast and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. Daniel's ready to enjoy "A Snowy Day" with Miss Elainia. They want to go on an astronaut mission in the snow, but Dan learns to wear the right equipment when the cardboard helmet he wears isn't warm enough. Katerina wants it to be "Tutu All the Time" at school, until she spills paint on it while doing art and can't get it through the entrance to Daniel and Prince Wednesday's bear cave.

Headed off to work even before the episode ended and barely got there in time. We weren't busy when I got in. I spent the first hour and a half doing returns. It picked up around 12:30 and stayed busy for the rest of the day. I'm still having trouble with people who can't figure out those new government benefit cards. One lady threw a fit because it didn't cover her whole order and she didn't bring enough money for the rest. I wish the government had explained that card better! At least it slowed down enough by 5 for me to shut down without a relief. 

Went straight into writing when I got home. They pull into the stables as the Nutcracker helps Debralee out of the sleigh. Gene and Betty are greeted by Betty and the King's majordomo, who reminds Gene that he's so far failed to aid the Princess. Gene insists that they brought the man who can save her.

There was a package waiting for me when I got home. I ordered one last late Christmas gift for myself. I found a set online with the Alice Faye comedies Hollywood Cavalcade and The Great American Broadcast on silent film and radio history and the musicals Down Argentine Way, That Night In Rio, Greenwich Village, and The Gang's All Here. I already have the last-named, but I've wanted to pick up the others forever.

Broke at 6:30 for dinner and The Secret of Mulan on Tubi. I go further into this late 90's direct-to-video animated movie "inspired" by the Disney Mulan at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 


Finished the night online after a shower with the Eagles-Giants game. Now this is more like it. The Eagles dominated the game full-stop. They were up 21-0 by half-time. The Giants couldn't get anywhere near them. While they did manage to get a touchdown in the third quarter, the Eagles picked up two more in the fourth to win the game 38-7. 

No comments: