Wednesday, June 04, 2008

In My Sweet Little Swamp

Ugh. Today was cool but humid, muggy, damp, and sticky. I didn't get a lot done, either. I woke up late, and by the time I ate breakfast and went for a walk, it was too late to do any cleaning and too wet to wash the trash can and recycling cannisters. I did finally edit the first part of our next Monkees story and make my bed.

I also dropped by Dad and Uncle Ken's during my walk and found out that Rose never brought anything for me over their house, or even appeared at all. I'm going to have to call her sometime this weekend. She can be awfully disorganized for someone who's studying to be a lawyer sometimes.

Thankfully, the rain held off long enough for me to get to work. Work was on-and-off busy for most of the day, with no problems. I actually picked up a 2-7 shift on Saturday (and told Janice I'd stay until 8 if she needed me to). I don't mind giving up my Saturday off. I'll still be able to get to the Farm Market and bank and do yard sales, I really do need the hours, and if Yahoo!Weather and the rumors at work are any indication, it'll be too hot for me to do much of anything else that day anyway.

It did finally rain while I was at work, which effectively cleared out work. By the time I picked up bananas and Kashi Autumn Wheat Organic Shredded Wheat Cereal, work was dead. The rain had stopped again on my way home, but the clouds were thick enough that it looked like it was merely and interlude. Still, I was able to pump my mountain bike's tires (I've been meaning to for ages), dump the water out of my recycling can, and take out the trash long before the next storm began.

No comments: