Monday, June 16, 2008

Phoning In the 21st Century

I spent most of the morning puttering around online and editing the last few parts of this month's Monkees Role Play story. Around 1PM, Dad called and told me he was going to give me Jessa's old cell phone, as Jessa had just gotten a new one. I'd be on his family plan. I'll have to ask him about payment. He said he'd pay, but I want to contribute something.

I'm still figuring the darn thing out. I don't really want to use it much. I still don't like cell phones. I think they're intrusive unless you're a mother or a doctor or someone who really does need to be on call. It took me a while, but I did figure out how to delete the phone numbers of Jessa's 6,000 friends from the phone book. (For a kid who doesn't do much besides sit in her room, watch anime, work on art projects, and download music, she's sure popular.) It's charging in the living room now. I'll mess with it more tomorrow, along with checking out that makeup kit Rose gave me.

The weather today was on-and-off cloudy, windy, and still hot but not quite as bad as it has been. It's supposed to drop into the mid-70s starting tomorrow before going back to being hot by the weekend, according to Yahoo!Weather. We were supposed to get isolated thunderstorms today, but while it did get dark outside around 6PM, I don't think it's rained yet.

Work was busy, which isn't uncommon on a Monday, but we had more sick people and more call-outs and were low on help again. Thankfully, it was starting to thin out by the time I went home.

I also found out that the Acme got rid of its constantly malfunctioning photo machine and never replaced it. I'm strictly a low-tech girl. If I don't need the fancy version, I won't use it. I'm fine with buying disposable cameras for holidays, vacations, and events. I eventually dropped my finally-used-up-camera next-door at Rite Aid.

Oh, and I finally called my stepfather tonight. He was happily watching last year's version of Hairspray, but only because thunderstorms in the area had interfered with their satelite signal and disrupted his constant Law & Order and CSI re-runs.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I know how you feel about cell phones--not sure why people are always constantly on them, especially when driving--YOW!--but they are handy occasionally. ::cough:: Especially when the telephone at your hotel quits working. ::cough:: :-) I was going to say if you just wanted a simple cell phone, you could always get one of those Jitterbug ones. All they do is make phone calls; they don't sing, dance, or run a temperature. The ads say they have calling plans as low as $10.

Linda said...

I know how you feel about cell phones--not sure why people are always constantly on them, especially when driving--YOW!--but they are handy occasionally. ::cough:: Especially when the telephone at your hotel quits working. ::cough:: :-) I was going to say if you just wanted a simple cell phone, you could always get one of those Jitterbug ones. All they do is make phone calls; they don't sing, dance, or run a temperature. The ads say they have calling plans as low as $10.