Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summertime Dreams

What a gorgeous, perfect summer's day. It was at least 80 degrees, no humidity, with a wonderfully cool wind. I didn't have to work until 4PM, so I had a late breakfast of a cheddar and mushroom omelet and an English muffin and called Mom to say "hi," since I couldn't get her yesterday. I did catch her this time. Apparently yes, Skylar was kicked out of day care, and Anny can't afford the more expensive summer sessions anyway, so Mom and Dad are taking care of him in the mornings until his mother comes home. She seemed happy enough. She and Sky were taking advantage of the cooler day and baking cupcakes with green icing (Sky's favorite color). She loves to cook, and it sounds like Sky does, too. Maybe it helped that she had him alone. Dad's on a fishing trip and Keefe was working at a local day cooking camp for pre-teens held at the high school that he once attended himself.

I decided that since I worked late anyway, I'd do this week's library volunteering in the morning instead of on the afternoon of my day off. I already have counseling and laundry planned for Thursday, and possibly a short trip into Philadelphia if the weather stays nice (which it's not supposed to). I worked on the children's DVDs, which needed it after my absence last week, and headed out. I picked up a cookie mix from Dollar Tree, but it turned out to be a bad idea. The mix tasted weird, chalky and VERY stale, and didn't improve as actual cookies. I ended up throwing them away. (Of course, I didn't notice that the box had expired a year ago until AFTER I mixed the cookies. No more cheap dollar store mixes after this!)

Not surprisingly, given the gorgeous day, work was dead. It got a little busy around between 4:30 and 6:30, the usual rush hour time, but otherwise everyone seemed to be out enjoying the lovely day (as well they should), and there were no major problems.

I finally picked up my pictures from Rite Aid before work. They were mostly from last Christmas and Easter, with a few shots of fall foliage, the only major snow storm we had this past winter, and one picture I got of Taylere's graduation before I realized I'd brought the camera that was almost done instead of the new one. Except for the first picture (I have no idea what that was), they all came out very, very well. I'm glad I got some nice shots of Jessa in particular - like my brother Keefe, she's not fond of picture-taking.

I'm debating whether or not to try Yogawood tomorrow. They're having a half-price sale on the first class of the day, but I just got that time of the month, and you're not supposed to do yoga during that time of the month. However, I told Scott I'd go to a class three weeks ago, and I've put it off. Last week, I had a legitmate reason - I was barely up for work, much less classes - but I didn't two weeks ago and I'm not sure that I do now.

On one hand, I feel bad. I told him I'd do it, and people should keep their promises. And I do want to do it. On the other hand, I also told Rose I'd wait until the fall and go to a class with her, and I'm very nervous about it. I'm not that great at yoga, and I'm afraid that everyone will know everyone and will have the right clothes and do the right things and I'll look stupid and babyish again, just like I always do. I must sound like such a baby. I shouldn't worry about things.

No comments: