Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Mouse With the Electric Personality

I ran the usual Farm Market/bank/yard sale chores this morning. It was hot and muggy, and it just didn't seem as busy as usual in the neighborhood. Even the Farm Market wasn't quite as bustling. With fewer dogs and people around, I had no problems buying leeks, spinach, whole-wheat bread, two small organic cucumbers (they were a quarter each!), blueberries, cherries, celery, and the first New Jersey peaches of the season.

There were few yard sales this week, too. They didn't have much. I did find one double-family sale on Kendall Boulevard with a nice selection of stuffed animals. I finally bought a completely adorable Pichu. Pichu is the rare "baby" form of the mouse-like electric Pokemon Pikachu. Apparently, this fellow had once been a talking Pichu, but was no longer able to talk. I was going to change his batteries when I got home and discovered his "voice box" has an on-off switch. I turned him on, and he works fine. Why doesn't every talking stuffed toy come with one of those?

I spent the rest of the morning cuddling Pichu, reading books, and listening to records. I'm actually sort of glad there wasn't much going on today. The humidity was nasty and I was sweating buckets by the time I got in.

Work was on-and-off busy, with no real problems other than some obnoxious customers. It's almost the beginning of the month and getting close to a major holiday. That's to be expected.

No comments: