Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Little Bit of Sunshine

I had an early work shift, so I just squeezed in a couple of favorite Dr. Seuss specials while eating breakfast this morning. Dr. Seuss On the Loose is an anthology of three shorter Seuss tales. "The Sneeches" are yellow creatures who live on the beaches. Sneeches who have green stars on their stomachs snub those who don't have them. The arrival of an ambitious salesman and his machine that promises to give and take stars finally teaches the critters a lesson in equality. The world won't stand still for "The Zax," no matter how much one stubbornly refuses to move for the other. Sam I Am just wants one poor guy to try his "Green Eggs and Ham," and will go any length to push his favorite food!

The Hoober Bloob Highway takes us into the far reaches of space, where Mr. Hoober Bloob and his overly enthusiastic mandolin sidekick are preparing another infant charge for the trip to Earth. They show the little fellow a movie that gives us all the ins and outs of being human, from quiet days to education to asking the big questions.

Work was...very boring. It was quiet for most of my 8 hour shift. It apparently got into the 60s today, too nice of a day to spend inside shopping. Not to mention, it's the middle of the week, we're past the beginning of the month, and we're between holidays. Most employees were doing spring cleaning in the store. My relief was just on time, and I was able to get out and in with no problems.

By the time I got out, it was cloudy but still warm, probably in the upper 50s-lower 60s. Since I hadn't gotten to spend time outside all day, I decided to have dinner outside. Sonic wasn't too busy at 5PM; they picked up even as I ordered my Honey Mustard and Swiss Chicken Sandwich, tater tots, and Diet Dr. Pepper. The sandwich was slippery and mess, but the tater tots were good as always, and it was nice to just kick back and enjoy the view of the Black Horse Pike and partly sunny sky over the Audubon Crossings Shopping Center.

When I got home, I went right in the bath. I really needed one after my long shift. I listened to one of my Lena Horne CDs and read Women Who Run With the Wolves, enjoying the peace and quiet.

No comments: