Thursday, March 13, 2014

Against the Wind

Though it was sunny when I awoke this morning, it was also cold, barely in the 30s, and very windy. I started off the day with breakfast, making the bed and vacuuming while running two Garfield specials on fantasies, mysteries, and the imagination. Garfield dreams himself into a life of Babes and Bullets when he imagines that he's private detective Sam Spayed on the case of the suspicious death of a history professor. And film noir isn't the only thing he dreams about. Garfield's Feline Fantasies takes his active mind everywhere from a magic act that makes Jon's blanket disappear to the search for the fabled Banana of Bombay that'll save humor as we know it!

I worked a little on the computer and on writing. I'm now on my third "queen" story. I'm hoping to continue these as a series of fantasy-30s stories in the near future. It's really more therapy than anything else. Like Kit in her Christmas story, it's more of an escape and a way to make myself feel better by doing something fun.

Work was on-and-off busy, not quite as bad as yesterday. It was only really crazy during rush hour, and even then, it could have been worse. The blustery wind probably had a lot to do with it. Thankfully, though we may be getting more rain early next week, the cold will be disappearing along with the wind after today. My relief was on time, and other than more grumpy customers and dull down times, I had no problems getting in or out.

When I got home, I made a spinach, mushroom, and cheese omelet for a quick dinner and ran an episode of Sailor Moon from the early fourth season. A friend of Lita's is a writer who seems to be blocked. The guy she had a crush on loves someone else, and she can't dream up a sequel to the best-selling romantic epic about a girl and a Pegasus that the Sailor Soldiers loved. Lita, Serena, and Rini visit her and try to help her find new inspiration...and save her from being the Amazon Trio's next victim.

No comments: