Friday, March 21, 2014

Chocolate Bunnies and Bunny Scouts

Started out the day with a run to the laundromat. It was pretty busy for a Friday morning, though I thankfully didn't have a problem getting a washer or a drier. I read through Writing Fiction For Dummies and listened to people chat and CNN drone on. I didn't have a big load and was in and out in about an hour.

There was a large box waiting for me on the porch of the front apartment when I arrived. Yay! The items I ordered with American Girl's big sales and free shipment promotion had arrived! Jessa and Whitney are going to share the Hiking Set, and Molly will share Kit's School Outfit with them. Whitney gets the dress from Kit's Candy Making Outfit to herself - it'll be her "vintage" Easter outfit. It's so pretty on her. I love the floaty ruffles and cute bow. The accessories will be Easter decorations - they'll be stored with the other Easter items, rather than with the dolls' things. I especially love how the plastic "chocolate" bunnies fit perfectly into the basket and the "molds" and how real it all looks.

I ran springtime episodes of Max & Ruby throughout the morning. While Ruby looks for eggs, Max tries to sneak tastes of the tempting prize in "Max's Chocolate Chicken." "Ruby's Clubhouse" is for Ruby and Louise only, but Max keeps trying to get in. Ruby has to think of a quick way to make them and him happy. Ruby and Louise's apple pie-themed hand-clap game is making her little brother hungry for "Max's Apples." He keeps interrupting their game for more and more fruit...but for once, he has a very sweet reason for wanting so many snacks. "Ruby's Merit Badge" is supposed to be for first aid, but Max would rather have Popsicles than let the girls bandage him! He's an equally unwilling salon client in "Ruby's Beauty Shop," until he discovers his sister's fur dye.

Ruby and Max weren't the only ones who encountered a few surprises today! When I arrived at work, the back lounge area was set up for a party, with trays of sandwiches, fried and rotisserie chicken, containers of fruit, a huge cake, and bottles of soda set up on two tables. Today is apparently the one-year anniversary of the many changes made at Acme since we were purchased by a new company. Hey, it got me a free dinner. I didn't even need the sandwich and apple I brought - I'll save them for tomorrow.

Work itself wasn't too bad. It was steady for most of the evening and never overwhelming, even during rush hour. I was disappointed that the Acme's completely out of Frozen, even after only having it in for two days. It's probably the most popular film Disney's put out in over a decade, up to and including that Oscar. I'll see if it's in tomorrow. If not, I'll just pick it up online. I'd wait for my birthday, but I'm dying to see this. Otherwise, I was in and out, with no problems and no difficulty shutting down at the end of my shift.

Oh, and I did get my schedule tonight. Generally, it's better than last week's, with no late days or really early days. I do have one eight-hour day (Wednesday), and while I'll have to wait until Thursday for my next day off, I have Saturday off as well. I understand why Angie made me wait (the college kids can't work during the weekday - they have class).

No comments: