Thursday, June 27, 2019

Cat and Bird Antics

Kicked off another sunny morning with breakfast and Looney Tunes shorts. The next disc in my new set features Tweety and Sylvester...but to my disappointment, the vast majority of the shorts were ones I'd already seen in the Golden Collections. I still kicked off with the first to pair the duo, the Oscar-winning "Tweetie Pie." Tweety is brought in out of the snow by Sylvester's (here called Thomas) owner. Sylvester is determined to have canary dinner, even if it gets him thrown out in the weather. "I Taw a Puddy Tat" has Sylvester chasing Tweety all over the house, trying to avoid his owner figuring out what he's doing.

Headed out to work after breakfast. It was actually pretty quiet for most of the morning. I did do some returns, but spent the majority of the day outside, gathering carts, doing the trash and recycling, and sweeping the patio. Fine by me. It was still hot, in the 90's by noon, but a stiff breeze and the lack of humidity made things a lot more bearable.

Changed in the bathroom after work, then headed to Chick Fil'A to us that gift card. By the time I got there, it was busy, but not overwhelmingly so. I had a hot, tasty, and very messy Chick'n Deluxe, Frosted Key Lime drink, and waffle fries. I sat in a quiet corner and enjoyed my lunch in peace. (And thanks to the young Asian boy who loaned me a penny when my order went over!)

Was in and out of a few store after that. I wanted to find a boa or a play tutu that would fit Finley for her birthday, but no one had anything. The play outfits at Wal Mart were too big for her, and there was nothing at Five Below, Ross, or Marshalls. I just ended up buying sugar and a new patriotic starburst ribbon for my front door from Wal Mart, along with a bottle of Gatorade for the ride home. None of the stores were remotely busy, not even Wal Mart.

Took the long way home down Nicholson Road, since I was closer to the Wal Mart entrance than the Acme entrance. Not much there, either. I encountered no traffic and had no trouble getting home.

Did some writing when I got in. Senator Patricia Amidala confronts Police Chief Darren Vedder at his office in downtown Coruscant...and is nearly knocked flat by the familiar air waves she feels on him. She knows him well, but doesn't want to believe that this monster is the husband she thought she lost all those years ago...

Didn't break for dinner until 6:30. Finished off the Sylvester & Tweety shorts while making a tropical smoothie (strawberries, bananas, and a peach) for a quick dinner. "Satan's Waitin'" is an unsettling story about how Sylvester manages to use up all of his nine lives chasing Tweety through an amusement park. "The Last Hungry Cat" is an only slightly less strange Hitchcock spoof that has Sylvester thinking he's eaten Tweety and feeling extreme guilt, expecially after he sees a newspaper claiming police are after "The Cat" (actually, a thief). "Tweety and the Beanstalk" has the two of them retelling the famous English fairy tale, though it's actually Sylvester who climbs the beanstalk. He's thrilled to discover a huge Tweety, but the giant who owns him isn't what you'd call happy to see him.

Moved on to Lego Pirates of the Caribbean after dinner. Completed "A Spanish Legacy" and "White Cap Bay." Got at least two pieces on "Isla De Mureta" and one more piece on "Queen Anne's Revenge." I really need to look up where the pieces are in the latter rounds online.

Finished the night with Summer Holiday. I go further into this charming vehicle for Mickey Rooney and Gloria DeHaven on my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

Summer Holiday (1948)

No comments: