Tuesday, June 25, 2019

We're Having a Heat Wave

Kicked off a partly cloudy morning with breakfast and more Clone Wars. Finished off "Blue Shadow Virus," then moved on to working on my new Facebook page. The problem is, ads on the page cost money...money I don't have at the moment. Inviting people off my friends list worked out better. I took a brief look at my neglected Instagram feed, but I think I'll go further into that tomorrow.

Broke for a quick lunch around 12:15. Anakin and Obi-Wan must solve the "Mystery of a Thousand Moons" when Padme, Ahsoka, and the clone troopers are infected with the Blue Shadow Virus from the previous episode. The only known antidote is on the mysterious planet Iego. On arrival, they convince a young boy who has reprogrammed battle droids to serve him to help them find the antidote and find out what the electrical lasers are keeping people from leaving the planet.

Headed out after I finished eating. First stop of the day was Target. My inner elbow and at least one finger are feeling really sore. I was hoping to find affordable wraps or bandages, but they were out of the cheaper bandages and had no elbow or finger wraps. I just moved on quickly. Stopped at the CVS in Haddonfield when I got in there, but I didn't like their prices.

I got out of CVS with plenty of time to head a few blocks down to counseling. I'm mostly feeling much better about things. I think jumping right into job hunting with the Upwork and the proposals might have been too far of a leap for me. I'm going to ease into social media and see if I can let people get to know me and my work before I go for jobs that require pitching myself. This is a much easier and less nerve-wracking way of putting myself out there. I'm glad Jodie and Dad were able to open the pool and that Mom finally found a new home.

Work is the only problem. I'm tired of getting thrown into the register with barely any warning, or given four different orders at once by five different managers. If I'm such a wonderful cashier, why did they take me off cashiering? And there has to be a way for them to improve their communication so they know who is doing what.

Made my way down Haddon Avenue after I finished with Mrs. Stahl. It was hot and humid (88 degrees, according to the digital sign at the Westmont Fire Department), and the sun was in and out. I badly needed water ice. Needless to say, they were very busy with families feeling the same way when I arrived. I quickly ordered a small chocolate peanut butter water ice and ate it on a metal bench outside.

Stopped at the Westmont Acme on the way home. They did have bandages, but I didn't like the prices, and there were no elbow wraps. I just bought a Gatorade (they're on sale this week for 88 cents) and a Kind fruit and nut bar (had an online coupon) and moved on.

Newton Lake Park is gorgeous at this time of year, all lush and emerald green. I avoided the afternoon crowds by taking my bike over the hill and past the Haddon Township Environmental Center and Historical Society and into Oaklyn. It was rush hour by then; took me a while to dodge all the traffic on the White Horse Pike.

Went straight into writing when I got home. Luke hears what appears to be Ben's ghost repeating his words from the previous story about Luke going to see Yoda Yemada in the Dagobah district. Harris doesn't see or hear any of it. He only knows he has to get his friend into a tent quickly, as the snowmobile he brought along can only fit one and won't work well in the extreme cold.

Had dinner around 6. Pan-fried apple sausage, then made a summer vegetable pasta salad with broccoli, tomatoes, cucumber, sliced onion tops, and cubed cheddar cheese mixed into tri-color pasta. Oh, yum! It came out nicely. I imagine it'll be even better in the next few days as the flavors have the chance to marinate.

Returned to Clone Wars as I ate. "Storm Over Ryloth" and "Innocents of Ryloth" revolves around the Jedi and clones' attempts to drive the Separtists from the title planet, home of the Twi'leks. "Storm" has Ahsoka learning a lesson in perseverance when she loses most of her squadron after making a hasty decision. Anakin realizes that she's upset and convinces her to help him with an even riskier maneuver that could break the Separtist blockade around the planet. Obi-Wan and his clones help "Innocents" as they march into a droid-controlled town to destroy their weapons. A sweet orphan girl who befriends the clones teaches them a sad lesson about the true cost of war.

Played Lego Pirates of the Caribbean after dinner. Tried Tortuga again, but I can't figure out how to get the last two pieces. Had more luck with "Pelegoso." Once you get more characters (including Blackbeard), you can open up more areas...including a lot of shortcuts that make that long and complicated round far easier to deal with. I completed that one, all pieces and compass points.

Finished tonight with The Music Man. I cover the original 1962 film version with Robert Preston and Shirley Jones at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

The Music Man (1962)

No comments: