Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Thunder In the Stars

Kicked off the morning with breakfast and more Clone Wars. Anakin and Obi-Wan wants to see "Dooku Captured"...but Hondo Ohnaka and his band of pirates got there first and are holding him prisoner. The two Jedi head to their hideout on Florrum to see if they can make a deal for him.

Spent the rest of the morning trying to write the blog entry I didn't get to last night. The internet went down almost as soon as I posted my Blues Brothers review last night. It still wasn't up by 9 AM. It didn't come up until 10:30. That barely gave me enough time to get the entry up, change, grab lunch, and hurry out.

The carts were a total mess when I arrived. I spent the first three hours alternating between catching up on them and sweeping the store, including dodging a downpour in one of the corrals. Between showers, it was hot, humid, and on-and-off sunny. Thankfully, another bagger came in and took over the carts and sweeping after about 2:30. I focused on shelving a full cart of returns for the last hour. Grabbed tissues and a pretzel for a snack before rushing home.

Took out the trash and the old cork board that used to be over my desk, then changed and put the tissues away. As I was getting a snack, I caught sight of a note from Charlie on my kitchen. He painted the wide rectangles under the windows in the bedroom black; I suspect they'll probably be covered with wood eventually. He'll supposedly return next Wednesday.

Went into writing after I ate. Leia contacts the White Queen, telling her that they know the location of the stolen coolant. Now they just need to figure out who wants it so badly. The White Queen's even more interested in playing matchmaker with her daughter and Harris. Leia's not so sure, especially given he wants to leave...

Broke for dinner at 6:30. Had leftovers while continuing with Clone Wars. Anakin and Obi-Wan aren't feeling so smart anymore in "The Gungan General." Hondo's drugged them and is now holding them and Dooku for ransom. It's up to Jar-Jar Binks (yes, that Jar Jar) and several clones to deliver the ransom and make sure Dooku doesn't get away.

Finished the night with Lego Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm getting so closer to the end! The minikit finder extra was a huge help. Got more than half the pieces, Jack's compass, and a ton of studs on "The Fountain of Youth." Finally got through "London Town" with no glitching and found all but one piece. Picked up the last character I didn't have and the x10 red hat extra, as well as figuring out how to switch from day to night in the hub areas.

And the rain has continued on and off. It came down in torrents during dinner, and we're currently in the midst of a rather noisy thunderstorm. I think it's supposed to finally pass by the time I got to work tomorrow.

No comments: