Thursday, June 20, 2019

Heaven Help the Fighting Woman

I awoke to another gloomy, too-humid day. The windows were wet, indicating that it had likely rained again overnight, but by 9:30 AM, the rain had taken a temporary leave of absence. I celebrated with breakfast and more Clone Wars. I didn't realize that the discs were out of order in the case. I finally started at the real beginning, with "Ambush." Yoda and his clone crew crash land on a moon that the Republic is hoping to build a base on. Sith witch Asaji Ventress and her huge droid army has already landed and is hoping to take the planet and its king for the Separatists. Yoda proves that size really matters not when he slices and dices his way through Ventress' robot troops.

Tried making a Facebook business page after breakfast. It took me a while to figure it out...because I have no idea how to advertise it. The problem remains - how to do I explain my lack of experience? I don't know what to tell people. It's easier to talk about my life here than promote it.

Broke for a very quick lunch around quarter after 11. Went into the next Clone Wars episode while I ate and got organized. "Rising Malevolence" introduces fatherly Jedi Plo Koon and Grievous' new weapon, the starship Malevolence. Plo and his clones are the only survivors of the evil cyborg's first attack. Anakin Skywalker thinks they're gone, but Ahsoka was more-or-less raised by Koon and refuses to give up on him.

It was still just cloudy and murderously humid when I headed to work. I swept the store when I got in, but I spent most of the afternoon outside doing carts and gathering the outside trash and recycling after the head bagger took over that job. I also did most of a cart of returns, at least what I could figure out where it went. I tried to get some gift cards shelved, but the managers and head bagger insisted that I go back to the few returns that were left.

I was doing carts when it rained the first time. It poured, and once again, I took shelter under a corral. This time, it lasted less than five minutes, allowing me to quickly resume the carts. I was long done with them and shelving the returns by the time it poured again. This lasted a little longer, but it was still gone by the time I finished work. The sky was even blue, though it continued to be very muggy.

Ignored the heat and took the long way down Nicholson Road, dodging rush hour traffic. I could have taken out money for the laundry tomorrow from the Acme, but I was hot and sticky and desperately needed a milkshake. I decided to try the lemon version of their new frosty drinks. Yum! Tart and creamy, it tasted a lot like the Chick Fil'A frozen lemonade.

Worked on writing for a while when I got home. Harris corrals Leia in the main computer room, after talking to Dr. Carl Rieekian about leaving. She wants him to stay because he works so well with them and has been such a good help. He's a member of the Golden Trio. How can he run now? Harris thinks there's more to it than that, though...

Made chicken cutlets with mushroom and onion sauce and steamed snap peas around 6:30. Did a few more Clone Wars episodes while I ate. "Shadow of Malevolence" and "Rising Malevolence" continue the plot with Grievous and his deadly ship. In the first story, Ahsoka, Anakin, and Plo join the clone flyers to try a daring bombing raid on the vessel. Anakin's secret wife Padme and protocol droid C-3PO are taken hostage by Grievous in the second episode, forcing Anakin, Ahsoka, and Obi-Wan to go after them.

 Played some Lego Pirates of the Caribbean after dinner. "Smuggler's Run" became the first round I completed in full, including Jack's compass items and all the pieces. Didn't do nearly as well on "The Flying Duchman"; missed a piece and two compass points.

Finished the night with Footloose. I go into more detail on the original 1984 version of this musical teen melodrama at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

Footloose (1984)

No comments: