Thursday, April 01, 2021

No Foolin'

Started off a rapidly clearing morning with breakfast and Blockbusters. Came in just as the former All-American Girls' League player did her last Gold Run. Alas, she didn't win, but she did take home over 40,000 dollars and got a kiss and hug from her husband afterwards. With her retiring, the show finished with three new contestants, a lady and a son and father-in-law pair. 

Watched The Easter Bunny Is Coming to Town as I finished eating and did the dishes. I go further into the third and last Rankin-Bass Easter special at this Musical Dreams Movie Reviews entry from April 2019.


Switched to Match Game '75 as I got organized and went through a few things in my room. Jo Ann Pflug makes her first appearance on the show in quite a while...and is quite pregnant with her first child by songwriter and host Chuck Woolery, leading to several mother jokes. Charles writes the first couple of questions without his glasses in the second.

Headed out to do the laundry as soon as the credits on the second episode rolled. The laundromat was a lot busier than it has been, probably because it's the first of the month. Thankfully, I had a small enough load to shove it in the front-loading washer with the least time. Bought cards for Rose and Khai's birthdays later this month and to thank Rose for having me at Easter at Family Dollar. Treated myself to a maccha smoothie at WaWa. It was basically a very sweet, very tea-tasting smoothie. I love tea, so I enjoyed it. 

(Thankfully, by the time I made my way out, the sun came out. It was windy and chilly, but otherwise not quite as cold as I thought it would be, probably in the lower 50's.)

While I was preparing to head home, a young boy handed me a flyer. It was actually a menu for the newest business on the White Horse Pike, Crown Chicken and Gyros. Paging through the flyer revealed they had good prices on not only gyros, but seafood and rice meals and baskets of fried shrimp and chicken. Maybe I'd give them a try and order from them tomorrow for dinner as a special treat. 

Put on The Cocoanuts in honor of April Fool's Day as soon as I got home and got organized. I also go into further details on the first Marx Brothers sound vehicle at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.


Caught the second half of Press Your Luck after the movie ended. Wow, did this one get crazy. The man didn't get knocked out, but he did lose a lot of money. One of the women ultimately hit a long stream of prizes that won her the game, including a camping trailer, a game table, and a car.

Pulled out the summer clothes after the show. Yes, I know it's supposed to be cold tomorrow, but it'll be warm again by Easter. Not only are we done with very cold weather for longer than a day or two at a time, but my apartment gets so warm, I've barely needed warm clothes all winter. I'd wear pants outside, only to change into capris when I got home. 

Worked on writing for a while after I finished. Richard manages to not only out-shoot the head bandit, he reveals they're stealing gold dust and shoots the bandit in the hand to keep him from shooting him down. Gene's able to arrest them, but the bandits aren't too thrilled...

Did Match Game '76 while eating pan-fried fish, riced cauliflower and peas, and honey-glazed carrots. With the final episode of the Debralee Scott/Bill Anderson week having aired during Buzzr's Let's Laugh Marathon two weeks ago, they skipped to the first episode of the next week. The late Los Angeles Dodgers and Atlanta Braves announcer Don Sutton made his debut on this show, joining Mary Wickes, Fannie Flagg, and the regulars to see Gene have to practically force his door open as he entered.

Foster Brooks returns for Match Game PM, this time sitting next to Brett and Charles. While Charles vents his frustrations with his Broadway play Break a Leg flopping, Foster gives us a few drunk jokes and others answer jokes about Farmer Brown's new perfume. Robert Pine has even less luck helping a contestant with the Head-to-Head "Saturday Evening __." 

Finished the night off before a shower with Sale of the Century. The pretty female champ bought two more Instant Bargains...but her impulsive shopping proved to be her undoing. She lost the Speed Round decisively to the other woman. The lady didn't do as well in the bonus round, just barely missing. 

No comments: