Sunday, June 03, 2007

Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head

Today was mostly quiet. I got up late, ate strawberry shortcake for breakfast (one of the perks of living alone - you can eat dessert whenever you please), listened to the Beatles show on WOGL, and called my mother. By the time Mom and I finished chatting about my brother's junior high school graduation, my weight loss, our failed attempts at flagging Rose down last week, and Mom's annoyance with my stepfather's careless attitude concerning his health, it was almost time for me to go to work.

Work was very busy, but the customers weren't nearly as much of a pain as yesterday. I guess most of the annoying people shop on Saturdays. They were hungry, though! When I finally got to doing some shopping of my own around 5PM, you'd have thought they announced another ice storm! The bread and milk eisles were stripped bare; half the bread in the bakery was missing. (So were the Weight Watchers Cranberry-Orange Muffins I wanted to try. I got the blueberry instead. They're ok, but they don't have nearly enough blueberries in them.)

Mom told me earlier we were supposed to get a tropical storm, which could account for both the crowds and the decimated shelves.

I walked and rode home in the rain. That was probably a bad idea, but I really wanted to get some exercise, and I get fed up with calling people whenever there's bad weather. I was going to take a shower tonight, anyway.

No comments: