Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Soup Kind Of Day

As I mentioned in my recipe entry, it was unusually chilly for this time of year. Not that I'm complaining! I don't often get the luxury of eating soup while wearing my favorite sweater with all the windows closed and no fans or air conditioners running in mid-June!

Today ended up being rather hectic. I woke up somewhat late and worked on my inventories for DVDs and videos; added "Toy Story 2," "42nd Street," and the remaining Bond films. Unfortunately, that took longer than I thought, and I was almost 20 minutes late for counseling.

Scott took it well, but I still feel bad. It's immature and irresponsible of an adult to be late so often (this is the third time in two months I've been this late for counseling), and we lost chatting time. He and Rose both want me to take a better look at Craigslist, the online listing of jobs. At this point, it may be the only way I can find a job. I lack Rose and my brother's network of friends who have known them for years, and the bookstores are looking less and less appealing.

Volunteering went much better. I actually got to show a new volunteer, a nice, soft-spoken teenage boy named Michael, how to organize the back room. I really appreciated the help, too. We had a ton of stuff, including some awesome vintage items from a woman who bought two gorgeous 60s-era coats with real fur collars and cuffs and gave us some lovely vintage do-dads to thank us!

(We've been getting a lot more vintage items than we used to; the vintage shop down the street in Collingswood shut down sometime in the spring.)

I spent the rest of the afternoon in the Collingswood Library looking for more useful Albany guide books (didn't find any), doing pilates, and making soup.

Pilates is hard, much harder than yoga! Actually, the DVD I'm using used to be Rose's; I'd like to find a beginner's DVD with a somewhat less challenging routine, since there's a few things here I really can't do. The DVD also doesn't work very well toward the end; I took a good look at it and discovered it's badly scratched on one side, not surprising given Rose was never the best at taking care of non-living items.

No comments: