Saturday, June 09, 2007

Where The Boys (And The Workers) Aren't

It was a gorgeous day today, hot but not humid like yesterday, with a nice, cool breeze. I spent the morning making my usual farm market-bank-yard sale run. I picked up four bears from a yard sale - a cute n' cuddly Disney Pooh bear (I had a Pooh when I was really little), two small collectable bears wearing sailor regalia, and a present. I picked up strawberries, radishes, blueberries, a green pepper, and mushrooms from the farm market, and bought a box of fresh-popped Kettle Korn Popcorn from the organic farm booth for a special treat.

After the farm market, I stopped at the thrift shop and told Erica I'd volunteer next Thursday afternoon after counceling and picked up the "42nd Street" DVD I put aside.

Work was more of a pain...again. Same deal. We had massive call-outs for the second day in a row, so I ended up staying late again. One of the front-end managers complained to our head manager. While I do need the extra hours (I got lousy ones next week), what we really need is either stricter call-out policies or to encourage people to actually show up more.

No comments: