Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Balancing Act

The dark, cool inside of Yogawood felt so good on a hot, humid, sticky morning. I took the Yin/Vinyasa class I went to two weeks ago. I like this much better. The class was smaller (possibly because of the weather and the middle-of-the-week day), and the yin (long-held poses to open circulation)/vinyasa (basic yoga poses) combination is much easier for my poor balance and coordination than vinyasa alone. I chatted a bit with Jill, the teacher for both classes, after we finished.

I spent most of the rest of the day doing chores and errands. I went to Walgreens to see if they had August's WCares WebKinz out yet. A girl reported that yes, they had the new WebKinz but hadn't put them out yet. She was nice enough to dig a Lil'Kinz Persian Cat out of the box stacked in the back amid cartons of aspirin. I also picked up a bubble envelope to send Lauren the extra copy of Yankee Doodle Dandy I got from Amazon.com for some reason.

I rode down Haddon Avenue to Crystal Lake Drive, then up to Cuthbert Road. I had lunch at the Crystal Lake Diner, which is almost literally under the Haddon Township Library on the hillside. The Crystal Lake Diner is your basic local hash house. The prices aren't as good as the Newton Diner on the White Horse Pike, but the food's good. I had a Western Omlette with real hash browns (not frozen shredded stuff) and whole wheat toast while listening to the (mostly elderly) lunch crowd.

I headed up to the library after lunch for this week's volunteering session. The librarians were all busy and had no assignments for me, so I just did the children's DVDs and helped some kids find the movies they were looking for. I made a quick stop at Super Fresh afterwards to buy ingredients for my birthday present for Dad and at WaWa for a Chocolate-Vanilla Coke Zero from the soda fountain before heading home.

I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning the kitchen and the bathroom. It's a little early, but I figured, since I finally got to the dusting, I might as well do this, too. Besides, both were starting to look bad. The bathtub was getting scuzzy, and the kitchen sink had a ring from the tub I use for the dishes.

Oh yes, and meet Alice the Lil'Kinz Persian Cat! Named for the little lady from Wonderland (and because I just like that name), Alice is a quiet, thoughtful young would-be writer who lives with Yum Yum the Siamese Cat in the KinzBeach Resort Hotel. Alice is also fond of music and is one of the Webbies' biggest fans; she spends a great deal of time with them, listening to their rehearsals and giving them pointers.

No comments: