Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Library Days

Today was far more pleasant than yesterday, beginning with my library volunteering. I did the children's CDs (which badly needed it - they probably hadn't been done since the last time I did them last year) and shelved children's DVDs. I also helped the kids find the DVDs they were looking for. One cute little girl with blond curls wanted Angelina Ballerina. The mother of a little red-headed toddler said "we're a simple family - we like Clifford the Big Red Dog and Sesame Street," so I found two Clifford DVDs for her daughter. A slightly older girl with dark wavy hair asked for Barbie; she chose Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus. Little boys and girls alike asked for Thomas the Tank Engine. It was a hectic and enjoyable morning.

I worked on editing the just-finished Monkee Role-Play in the early afternoon before work. Look for it tonight or sometime tomorrow, along with two adult-oriented short stories.

Work was steady-to-quiet and absolutely no problems whatsoever (I spent the last hour doing returns), which was most welcome after yesterday. I think I agree with two of my customers. Yesterday's rude crowd was probably caused by a combination of the heat wave and the full moon. The latter, incidentally, is supposed to break by tomorrow and be gone by later in the week.

No comments: