Wednesday, July 09, 2008

One Stormy Night

Thank goodness after yesterday, work was steady-to-dead with no major problems. My relief was even on time. Jill tried to call me in at 7AM on Saturday, but I turned her down. I did get pretty good hours this week, and I wanted to go to the Farm Market that morning. Besides, this early work is tiring me out. I'd really rather work early, but I'm just not used to it. I've been working mainly in the afternoon and late evenings for months now.

This time, I came home well ahead of the storm. I didn't hear thunder until I'd started to make dinner around quarter after 6; it didn't rain until I'd sat down with my leftover chicken drumstick, slice of fresh sourdough bread, and New Jersey vegetable salad. I spent most of the afternoon cleaning the windows and dusting the windowsils and reading.

No comments: