Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I Was So Mad!

This was not a good day. I spent the morning baking Fourth of July Cupcakes for my cousin Samantha's party. I must have put too much applesauce in the batter, because the cupcakes collapsed, and the mini-cake I was going to give to my neighbors to thank them for helping with my bikes fell apart. I'll give my neighbors a card or some cookies instead and cover the cupcakes with whipped topping and sprinkles. I never got to cleaning, either.

Work was a pain in the rear. It wasn't busy when I first came in, but there was a huge crowd during the 4PM-5PM rush hour, and they were obnoxious. I HATE the beginning of the month. These people drive me nuts. They never read signs. They almost never bag. They fuss over every price and give you an attitude when the prices aren't exactly what they want. One woman threw a fit because she wanted one Dear Park water for the $3.99 sale, but the flier and the signs state clear as crystal that you have to buy two of them to get the price. She even blew up at the stock manager who tried to tell her about the flier and the sale. Another group got mad because the Italian meatballs they wanted didn't come up at the price they expected.

I really wish people would learn to leave their attitudes at home. It's not our faults people don't have money these days. Learn to read and count, please, and then maybe you'll be able to figure out these things yourselves.

I was so mad after I got off work, I rode home for a little longer than usual, down Kendall Boulevard and up and back around Atlantic Avenue and Manor Avenue, past the railroad tracks and West Clinton. I didn't want to go home right away; I was afraid I'd hit someone or something, I was so angry. Good thing today was gorgeous, sunny, breezy, and hot but not humid. I had a fast and pleasant ride.

No comments: