Thursday, November 04, 2021

In the Fall Sunshine

Started off the morning with breakfast and the first half of To Tell the Truth. Quick-witted Orson Bean joined Bill Cullen, Peggy Cass, and Kitty Carlisle in figuring out which of three men went on a diving expedition to explore the sunken ocean liner Andrea Doria. Apparently, though they were able to recover small items, they weren't able to open the bank vault thought to contain thousands of dollars. (Someone apparently did recover it in 1981, according to Wikipedia.) Wish I could have stuck around to hear which one was the scuba diver, but my Uber driver only took a minute to arrive, and less than five to get to work.

Work didn't start out so bad. It was sunny and cool, a very pleasant day for pushing carts. As usual, there were no major problems until we started to pick up at noon. They kept trying to make me do three or four things at once, including ending up in a register twice. I had to rush to get a lot of things done, including sweeping and checking the bathrooms. I didn't get to the overflowing outside trash and recycling until my help finally arrived at 4 PM. 

At least I didn't have a hard time getting a ride home, either. The driver took less than four minutes to arrive. Wish she hadn't been chattering on the phone to some relative the whole time, but at least there was no traffic and it didn't take long to get home.

Jodie met me when I got in. She was going to a concert with a friend and then out for drinks afterwards and wanted help with Uber. Also told me I could do the laundry tonight, since she would be out of the house for most of the evening. Ironically, I'd been about to ask her if I could do the laundry tonight or tomorrow night. I needed clean work clothes.

After I helped her and took the laundry down to the basement, I tried calling Willow Glenn, an apartment building in Mt. Ephram I e-mailed twice. Didn't get them, so I left a message and went into writing. The Cheshire Catwoman manages to free Sir Richard the White Knight from his card guards, handing him his much-loved sword back so he can join in.

Broke for dinner and to move the laundry to the dryer at quarter of 7. Watched Match Game '77 while I ate leftovers and did the dishes. The popularity of Charlie's Angels around this time came to the fore in a question that asked what overweight Angels would be called. Richard had far less luck figuring out the Head-to-Head for "__ Flower." 

Finished the night making peanut butter cookies and rounding up my laundry while watching I Dream Too Much. I go further into this vehicle for opera star Lily Pons, with a cameo by a young Lucille Ball, at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 

No comments: