Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Deep In the Heart of Oaklyn

Got a quick start this morning with breakfast and Texas Carnival. I go further into this robust MGM musical with Red Skelton and Esther Williams as carnival performers who impersonate millionaires at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 

Texas Carnival 

Worked on writing after breakfast. Brett turns her crown over to Richard, which doesn't please the Red King one bit! His unleashed magic makes everything, from the sparks in the candles to the dishes and plates, come to life. The Cheshire Catwoman appears and attacks the Red King. Fed up with everything, Brett also grabs the Red King and shakes him...but the man she really wants to shake is her ex-husband...

Broke for lunch at 1 PM. Watched Pontoffel Pock, Where are You? on my Seuss Celebration DVD. Pock is a "schnook" by his own admission who just got fired from his job at a dill pickle factory. His wish to get away from it all is granted by the fairy MacGillicudy, who gives him a magic piano. It can take him anywhere in the world he wants to go with the push of a button. He first travels to Grugan, but his showing off on the piano upsets the locals so badly, they attack him. After convincing McGillicudy to give him another chance, he next ends up in Casbahopolis. He falls for the "eyeball dancer" Neefa Feefa, only to lose her when he has to leave quickly with the piano. Now everyone - Eefa Neefa, the fairies, and Pock himself - are wondering where the heck he's going to end up next!

Headed off to work just as the cartoon ended. Ended up in a register again, and Express, too. On one hand, we could have been busier, especially for Senior Discount Day. I still get too nervous dealing with people, though. Everyone says I'm fine, but I'm worried I'll say or do the wrong thing, or cause trouble. All I wanted was to get out of there.

(And thank heavens that was my last day at work for over a week. I took tomorrow off to pack and get organized for my trip to Pittsfield. I leave Thursday afternoon.)

Needless to say, I dashed home the second one of the teenagers who work late could come in for me. Finished the night with dinner and Match Game '75 when I got in. Sweet Dorothy continues her run with "Draw __" on the Audience Match. Richard is more than happy to help her with "Trail __" on the Head-to-Head. 

No comments: