Saturday, September 10, 2022

Sleepy Time Gal

I couldn't believe I overslept this morning. I swear I set my alarm! I quickly wrote in my journal, changed, ate breakfast, and dashed out. At least I had good weather for rushing. At least at that point, the sky remained sunny and warm, and there was a nice breeze.

All of which was more exciting than work. I spent a lot of the day standing around in a register. It was off-and-on steady, and never more than slightly busy. I suspect most people either went away to enjoy one last weekend at the Shore or are waiting to shop before the Eagles game tomorrow. Not to mention, we're between holidays. Football and some local events are really the only things happening until Columbus Day in mid-October. 

Got my schedule online yesterday, but confirmed it today. In good news, more hours, and most of them are later in the day. They're all cashiering again, though. I have Tuesday and Wednesday off...which makes me suspect they intend to make me work a week straight again. (And now I'm glad I took the day before vacation off, too, in order to take care of last-minute details.)

The weather continued to be so nice, I took the long way home down Nicholson Road now that the street work is done. Everyone else must have decided to go for a weekend drive, too. Dodged quite a few cars there and on the White Horse Pike. Stopped at WaWa on the way for a treat. Tried their Pumpkin Spice Cookies & Cream Smoothie. At least they actually taste like pumpkin spice now, with sweet maple syrup and just the right amount of Oreo bits.

After I got home, I went straight into a nap. I had a long week, and I'm still really worn out. In fact, I was so tired, I slept until almost 6!

Worked on writing for a little bit after I rolled out of bed. While Brett's happy to see her sons, Richard barely notices his. She and Charles explain about him being thrown out the window. Meanwhile, Bill the White Rabbit is still scared and chattering a mile a minute, to the annoyance of Duchess Marcia.

Didn't break for dinner until past 7. Watched Match Game PM while I ate. A nervous avocado farmer tossed out a few good lines, but couldn't get anything going against a pretty lady who spoke Serbo-Croatian like Gene. Character actor David Landsberg and lovely Lee Merriweather watched as Richard helped in the Head-to-Head with "Surf __."

Finished the night on Tubi after a shower with The Pied Piper of Hamlin. I go further into this 1957 TV fantasy featuring Van Johnson in a dual role as the title character and a noble teacher at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 

No comments: