Thursday, March 23, 2023

Thunder In the Spring

Started off the morning with breakfast and Sheriff Callie's Wild West. Peck's worried that he's never stopped a bandit before. Callie holds "Peck's Deputy Drill" and poses as a bandit with Toby to help him practice. Things get a lot more real when actual bandits rob the bank, and Peck is the only one who can stop them. Priscilla needs "A Fistful of Flowers" to make her cousin Stinky feel better. Despite her fear of mud and Callie's fear of getting wet, they brave a storm to drive into Gully Washer Canyon to pick the only Get Well Flowers left for miles around.

To my disappointment, the job fair at Rowan tomorrow is mostly for healthcare companies. I'm not really interested in working for healthcare companies. I may just end up asking questions about the school itself. They don't have library sciences, but they do have other courses that may interest me, including for television studios, writing, and data science. 

Worked on writing for an hour next. Richard hears the cries of coyotes coming closer. He decides he doesn't have much of a choice and pulls Esmerelda into the cave entrance...which turns out to lead into the mountain...

Broke for a quick lunch at 1 PM, then headed out. I would have been taking Uber even if my ankle was fine. It rained all morning, and other than it was in the upper 60's, the weather still didn't seem promising when the lady arrived. It took me 7 minutes to get a ride there and 9 to get back, not bad given the latter was during the tail end of rush hour.

Work was slightly busier than yesterday, possibly due to the weather. We had a few problems, not with cards this time, but with people not checking the right prices before they bought something. I'm tired of hearing about the high prices, too. I still can't do anything about inflation. I was very happy when my relief was on time and I was able to get out of there.

Since I'm off tomorrow with other plans, I did my grocery shopping today. I was hoping to find less sugary granola bars. I ended up with the Special K fruit bars, which are on sale. Grabbed blood oranges and those tiny little shortbread cookies from the bakery. The cranberry trail mix is the only generic Acme fruit and nut bag with just dried fruit and nuts, no candy or chocolate-coated pieces added. Bought a Propel for a drink.

After I got home, I watched Match Game '74 while eating dinner. Towards the end of the episode, Allen Ludden had such a bad answer to a question, Gene handed it to Betty White in the audience to tear up...and later on, Fannie Flagg gave Betty her answer, too. 

Finished the night with Muscle Beach Party. I go further into the second movie in the Beach Party series at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.


Oh, and by the way, though it was actually sunny when I left work, the clouds returned shortly afterwards. We had a rather nasty storm around 9 PM, and while the noise is long gone, it's rained off and on ever since. 

No comments: