Thursday, March 16, 2023

Try a Little Tenderness

Began the morning with breakfast and research on the computer. Rutgers is the closest college in New Jersey to have online library science classes. Otherwise, most of them are up north, including Ramapo and Thomas Edison State University. Online classes still apparently take 1 to 2 years. I was hoping to get a good job a lot sooner than that. How can I take classes and still make money to buy a place of my own? I really do need to buy myself a place soon.

Had no trouble with Uber today, maybe because the weather was too gorgeous for rides. It took 6 minutes going there and 9 going home during the height of rush hour. No problems or traffic either way. While I waited, I enjoyed soft sunshine and far warmer temperatures than we have been getting. It's still windy, but the wind's not as chilly.

The weather was also too gorgeous for grocery shopping. We were dead almost the entire afternoon. The only time it got busy was, of course, right as I finished. And of course, my relief was late, which meant I barely got out on time. Otherwise, no really major problems. 

Two packages on my steps when I got home went a long way towards making me feel better. My new Kit doll arrived, and she's gorgeous. I believe she's one of the more recent dolls made after the revamp of the historical line in 2014. Her hair is shorter, she's a bit thinner than many older dolls, and she has the most intense dark blue eyes. She may be as recent as between 2018 and 2020. She has a tiny marker spot on one hand and a V marker slash on the bottom of her foot, but they're not that noticeable and could probably be removed. Her blonde bob is messy, but that's not as much of a problem as it would be for dolls with longer hair like Samantha or Josefina. 

Good thing one of her outfits also turned up, as she came totally naked. I bought a naked one on purpose. I already have a few of her outfits I bought for Molly. Wanted to grab some of the outfits that were released with that revamp, which I suspect probably won't be included in Kit's re-release next month. The one that came today is her current "Meet" outfit, a teal sundress with bright magenta floral trim, cute flower buttons, and red shoes. One shoe looked like they were slightly chewed by an animal, though once again not enough to be a deal-breaker. Otherwise, the colors were gorgeous, and she looks cute in them. The teal leans enough to the green side to be perfect for St. Patrick's Day tomorrow. 

Worked on writing for a while after I got Kit dressed and settled on the pale blue bench with my other dolls. Gene offers to take Richard home, as it's getting dark, but Richard insists he'll be fine on his own. Of course, he gets lost in the mesa, with howling coyotes all around him, and predators of the human variety, too...

Broke for dinner at 7. Since Buzzr's still running the same episodes they showed last week, I did another one from Match Game PM on YouTube.  The show opens with Gene discussing how Orson Bean and Patti Deutsch both have a son named Max. (Patti just had Max a few months before.) Charles finds a highly amusing way to answer "__ Poker" in the Head-to-Head!

Finished the night with The Commitments. I go further into this classic musical about an Irish soul band at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 

No comments: