Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Chocolate Dog!

I had a long day. I finally decided I wanted to go to Target and opted for the Deptford Mall. The weather wasn't too bad this morning, cloudy, damp, and chilly, but not rainy. I made a quick stop at Uncle Ken's to say "hi" before heading to the malls.

I had a so-so shopping trip. I'm still on the hunt for jean capris. My old ones are huge on me. I didn't see any I liked at Lane Bryant, and I couldn't FIND the plus sizes at all in Sears or Target. I decided to wait on underwear, too. I did get my birthday shopping done (Mom, yours will be going out tomorrow!) and bought Lauren a housewarming gift. (She and her parents are moving to a newer, nicer home in Pittsfield, about a half-hour from North Adams, next month.) I also picked up a stack of birthday, Easter, and housewarming cards at American Greetings.

My last stop of the day was Best Buy, where I grabbed my other birthday present and Enchanted. I've been dying to see this. Enchanted is Disney's super-cute spoof of it's own sugary Princess image. A typical animated Disney heroine lands in New York, where she befriends a cynical divorce lawyer and his fantasy-loving little girl and learns that "real life" is a lot more complicated than any Disney-ized fairy tale.

Amy Adams RULES this. She's a perfect Disney princess, from a fine singing voice to a smart, sweet-but-not-saccharine manner. I actually think she's too smart for the ditsy Prince Charming (even if he IS hot) and the slightly jerk-ish divorce lawyer. I kind of would have liked to see Giselle try to strike out on her own, without either man...or any man. That said, the ending isn't bad (though the whole thing with the dragon seems like a desperate attempt to add unnecessary CGI action).

I got lucky a few times today. I wasn't the only person out running errands. I saw one co-worker at the mall, and another gave me a quick lift from the Deptford Mall to Target. I ran into Erica on my way home from Collingswood. I owe her one. By that point, it was pouring, but everyone else I knew was busy or out and I had no choice but to walk. (The weather was too ugly for the bike.)

Oh, and meet my new WebKinz, Cadbury the Brown Dog! This sweet-as-Hershey's Kisses miss is now Eliza the Black Poodle's roommate in the Modern Condo. She came with her cool Patchwork Quilt Couch (perfect for the Cozy Lodge Living Room), and since she's Pet #20, her choice of Super Beds. I picked a Fantasy Coach Bed to complete the Fantasy Room.

No comments: