Wednesday, March 05, 2008

When Weather Goes Wild

I didn't sleep well last night. A deafening crash awoke me around 2:30AM. It was the biggest thunderstorm I've heard in a long time. Rain thumped on the roof. The wind bellowed across my porch, knocking air conditioner covers and sticky ball pods helter skelter. The thunder was noisy enough to hear in several neighboring planets. After that display, it was a wonder I ever made it back to sleep, but I finally did get up for work around 6:30.

Unfortunately, the rain started up again around quarter after 8...right when I had to go to work, of course. I called Dad for a ride at the last minute and was almost late. Work was generally dead, except for around the usual rush hour time. I don't normally work at 8:30AM or for 8 hours, but a lot of people opted to take their unused vacation time this week. (I don't even want to think of what Easter week is going to be like.) By the time I finally got out of work (my relief was late, which didn't make Dad happy), the sun was shining and the wind had largely diminished.

I spent the rest of the afternoon putting up the spring, St. Patrick's Day, and some of the Easter decorations. (I'll wait until after St. Patrick's Day to put up the rest.)

No comments: