Friday, March 21, 2008

Pineapple Upside-Down Girl

Spent most of today at work. It was still very windy despite the sunny skies, so I called Dad for a ride. I worked 9:30 to 3:30 today and then did a big (for me - it was about $30) grocery trip. I waited for about 15 minutes for my ride. When no one came, I decided to just walk home. It wasn't until half-way home that I realized I'd forgotten to call Dad and tell him I walked. I went over to his house after I got in and put everything away to explain. He was just as embarrassed as me. He HAD forgotten and had just sent his girlfriend out to fetch me.

Things didn't go much better at home. I was too tired to make bread, so I tried to make the pineapple upside-down cake I'd planned to give to the family for Easter. Unfortunatly, I couldn't find a big enough plate for the rectangular cake and it fell apart when I turned it over. Oh, well. I'll make another, simpler cake for Easter and keep the pineapple cake as a treat for me.

Work, incidentally, was busy but not too horrible. Everyone must be waiting for tomorrow. I kinda hope so - I have an 8-hour day tomorrow and it'll go by much faster if it's busy.

No comments: