Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Tooth Of The Matter

Sigh. First of all, I really don't know anything about health care. I didn't know you had to send away for some form to be able to do an insurance claim, though I really should have thought of it first. I never had health care until I had enough years in the Acme. My stepfather is a commercial fisherman who has long been listed as "self-employed," and he and Mom have long paid any medical expenses themselves, out of their own pocket. Hopefully, I won't have to have too much done at the dentist's office tomorrow. I shouldn't need a tooth removed or anything fancy. I just need a check-up and something to sooth sore gums and fix a chipped tooth.

I ended up spending most of the day at the thrift shop. My older friend Erica called a few days ago and said the current manager really needed extra help putting out all the spring items and bagging the winter items to be put aside for a company that pays the store for piles of clothes. The store was busy, especially towards the end of the day.

I felt a little awkward. I was the only person my age there. There weren't even many younger customers today. It was all older ladies and people from Camden. As much as I like the thrift shop, I don't really want to do more volunteering there beyond helping out every now and then. I like getting cool cheap stuff, but it gets monotonous doing it all the time, and it's not really what I want to do with my life.

Erica and I stopped at the Collingswood Variety Store on our way home, and yes, I did get a new WebKinz. Meet Chester the Alley Cat! Ches is a tough-talkin' city boy with a big heart under all that ego. I thought a garage seemed right for a city kitty, so I built Chester his own Garage Loft that's also a storage space for various vehicles (the scooters, skateboard, and AT V Wheeler).

No comments: