Saturday, March 07, 2020

Winds of March

Kicked off the morning with breakfast and Garfield's Feline Fantasies. Garfield and Odie spend their morning daydreaming themselves into everything from Airport to a western and a magician's act. Jon's always there to rescue them when things get hairy, leading Garfield to believe they're invincible. To test his theory, he concocts their wildest adventure yet, a James Bond spoof with Garfield as a suave spy and Odie as his sidekick outrunning a woman agent and two grotesque bad guys out to find the original banana used in the slip on the banana peel gag.

Rushed off to the laundromat as soon as I finished breakfast. Had a huge load, including towels, and I desperately needed clean work clothes. Though they were busy when I arrived, I was able to grab one of the front-loading washers. They're only slightly more expensive than the top-loaders, and it's fun to watch everything go around. Half-listened to Good Morning America and kids' nature shows while working on story notes. It started to empty out just as I dashed out the door. I raced home, put everything away, changed as quickly as possible, and raced back out.

Work was a bit of a pain. We were off-and-on busy, and we still don't have enough help. I kept getting tossed into the register, including for most of the second half of my day. At least everyone seemed to be understanding about my frustration. One of the moms with two sweet teenagers was especially helpful, telling me I did well and that I shouldn't worry so much. I wish I could have spent more time outside with the carts. Though it continues to be windy, it was also gloriously sunny, with a warm sun that held more than a hint of spring.

Needless to say, I went straight home after all that. Tried to work on writing, but I was too tired to really concentrate. Charles awakens to see Arlene Francis bandaging his burned hand while Gene and Orson (the latter still in troll form) look on in concern. Gene took them to Arlene's shop in Holly Woods to make use of her many potions. She's a friendly witch who specializes in healing and medicines, but she's not sure what she can do for Richard...

Broke for dinner at 6:30. Watched The Pebble and the Penguin while enjoying the last of the black bean dip and tortilla chips for dinner. I go more into this Don Blue Antarctic romance at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

Animation Celebration Saturday - The Pebble and the Penguin

Oh, and don't forget to set your clocks ahead an hour tonight for Daylight Savings!

No comments: