Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Breezy Spring

 Kicked off a quick morning with breakfast and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. Daniel tries to explain to O the Owl that "You are Special" when he has to figure out what his talent is and show it to the class. Daniel and his dad go for a fall walk in the woods and learn why "Daniel Is Special" while gathering leaves and jumping into leaf piles.

Rushed out shortly after the cartoon ended. My work day began well. It was a glorious morning for gathering carts, bright, sunny, breezy, and probably in the mid-60's. I enjoyed it...until I got called inside shortly after my lunch break. Got stuck cashiering for the rest of the day. At least two more baggers arrived during the afternoon, and they're still having trouble getting cashiers to work in the morning. While some of our workers have returned, many cashiers haven't, or left. Didn't help that there were a lot of people in grumpy or just plain obnoxious moods. I ran out the moment it slowed down enough for me to close.

(By the time I got out, even the sun had vanished, replaced by dark clouds. Thankfully, they just stayed clouds. We never had anything resembling rain, and in fact, they disappeared again by the time I had dinner.)

Went straight into writing after I got home, changed, and had a snack. "The Ace" refuses to answer TV reporter Lee Merriweather's questions, claiming he doesn't know who The Master Magician is or what he really has up his sleeve. He does manage to swing her to safety through an upper story window and into a dumpster after the fireworks cause the place to go up in flames. 

Broke for dinner at quarter of 7. Had fried eggs and broccoli while watching Match Game '79. Paul Williams was a real charmer in this one, giving amusing compliments to the ladies that delighted Brett Somers (who gave him a hug) and Betty White. He was less happy with the Audience Match question "Pint __." Brett insists that Gene shows off his dapper 20's-style shoes in the beginning of Match Game PM while the others contend with a nervous contestant who is barely more than a teenager.

Sale of the Century started out close for the second day in a row. Once again, everyone won a Fame Game, but the champ bought both Instant Bargains and shot ahead at the Speed Round. She continues to have trouble with the Bonus Round, though...

Jodie is still getting rid of furniture and other things in the house. I wish she'd ask me before she dumps all this on the curb. I could use some of the smaller pieces. I found a wonderful wooden table with a magazine rack and cabinet on the trash pile that's perfect as a combination printer stand and file holder. It's now replaced the plastic milk crates next to my desk. It was heavy and a bit hard to carry inside, but very worth the haul.

Finished out the night on the Watch TCM site with This Time for Keeps. I go further into this romantic comedy vehicle for swimmer Esther Williams at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

No comments: