Saturday, August 03, 2019

Afternoon Delight

Began a sunny morning with breakfast and more What's New, Scooby Doo? It's "Safari, So Good" when the gang take a ride down a river in Africa, hoping to film the local wildlife. This proves to be harder than they thought. Many of the animals in the jungle have gone missing, said to be the victims of glowing, shape-shifting creatures. Velma has her own ideas of what's really going on, especially after Scooby disappears with the other critters.

Velma wants to pick up the hottest new action figure for her cousin, but it proves difficult in "Toy Scary Boo" when the figures in a local toy store have come to life and attacked the store. The gang stay in the store and attached mall overnight to figure out what's going on.

Work was pretty much the same as it was yesterday and has been all week - stone-cold quiet. It got a little busy around 11 AM-noon, then died down again. I did gather trash and sweep the outside patio, but I mainly helped another bagger gather carts. Even that wasn't really bad. A beautiful day helped. It was hot and humid, but not nearly to the degree that it has been. A lovely breeze kept things much cooler.

I changed in the bathroom, then headed out for lunch. It was a great day to eat at Sonic, and I wasn't the only person who thought so. A quartet of young women proceeded me outside; three teens came in after me. I got a messy grilled chicken sandwich, tater tots, and a sweet strawberry limeade. Enjoyed my meal while listening to the two groups and watching cars roll in and out.

Went straight home...then right back out again. I really needed to get my laundry done. Good thing I didn't have a big load. They were busy when I arrived. Thankfully, by the time my clothes were almost done in the dryer, they were down to one or two people. I worked on story notes and half-listened to a NASCAR race on TV.

Put everything away when I got home, then did some writing. Palpatine at first claims he wants to kill off the Jedi Knight and his friends. Vader suggests that he might be corrupted and perhaps brought into the Empire. Palpatine loves that idea even more and insists Vader find the boy and impliment it as soon as he can.

Broke for dinner at 6:30. Ran Scooby Doo as I ate leftovers and made a cucumber-tomato salad. "Pompeii and Circumstance" sends Mystery Inc on a tour of Italy, where Shaggy and Scooby eat their weight in pasta and the others check out ancient Roman architecture. A Roman gladiator has been scaring people off Mount Vesuvius and possibly dumping trash there. The gang drag Shaggy and Scooby away from the Italian food long enough to check it out.

The gang returns to the States for "The Unnatural." A friend of Fred's is about to break a big home run record...but the ghost of the previous record-holder is determined to scare him off. While the others look into this national pastime mystery, Shaggy and Scooby are more than happy to focus on finding the best ball park goodies.

Didn't get very far on Lego Star Wars this evening. Did better on "Falcon Flight," where I got 7 blue minikit pieces, than the longer "Dagobah," where the most I could manage was 6. I'll try both again tomorrow.

Finished the night with Quest for Camelot. I go into further detail on this animated medieval adventure from the late 90's at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 

No comments: