Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Had a Bad Day

Kicked off  a cloudy morning with a quick breakfast and one of the serial-esque second series episodes of Danger Mouse. DM and Penfold have a "Close Encounter of the Absurd Kind" when they're snatched by aliens in mid-air while trying to deal with Baron Greenback. They have to first escape the aliens, then stop Greenback's latest plot.

Work was a total pain in the rear. I would have been happy to stay a few extra hours if they'd actually asked me ahead of time. I was told there had been a note to ask me on Monday. No one asked me on Monday. Someone asked me to come in on Tuesday, but I was already busy. They had no one else to bag. There wasn't another person coming in until 4, so I stayed until 4. I never got to the Haddon Township Library to return my DVDs. At least it wasn't busy. I did some returns and the outside trash, but I was mostly either sweeping inside or rounding up carts.

The weather wasn't even pleasant. The humidity had returned, and the sun was in and out. It finally went in around 2:30-3PM, when it started showering lightly. It continued to shower lightly off an on for an hour, but it had vanished by the time I was heading home. To my knowledge, it hasn't rained since.

I was dead tired when I got home. I got caught up online and last night and didn't get as much sleep as I should have. Tried writing, but finally decided I would just take a late nap. The air conditioner was on and was drowning out the noise of Charlie and Richard working on the path leading to the mailbox and Charlie's side of the house.

Awoke at 6:30, just in time for a quick dinner of leftovers and another Danger Mouse episode. Greenback challenges DM and Penfold to "The Duel," a series of strange tests taking place in Antarctica and at an amusement park. It's really a trap to get DM out of the way, but he knows how to get to Greenback in the end.

Took a much-needed bath after dinner. Ahhh. This felt wonderful after my long day. I looked over the vintage Celebrate! cake-decorating books Mom gave me a while back and listened to a jazz CD.

Wasn't really up to anything but finishing the night with Buzzr and more Match Game on YouTube. Focused on earlier episodes from 1973 and a couple of '76 episodes. I hope you're having as much fun with these as I am!

Match Game '73  (The turntable that takes the contestants away and brings out the Audience Match board goes the wrong way. This is apparently filmed on the same set as The Price As Right. Did this ever happen to Bob Barker?)
Match Game '73 (The first episode where Gene really gets to use his signature extra-long microphone.)
Match Game '76 (Animal-loving Betty White is upset by an animal-abusive question and doesn't like it when Gene tries to swat a fly.)
Match Game '76 (Broadway legend Ethel Merman finally gets tired of fellow stage actress Brett Somers going on and on and tells her to shut up!)

No comments: