Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Fairy Tale Fun

Kicked off a late morning with breakfast, then doing some job hunt work. I've been sitting in front of a computer too long. I wrote down ideas for where I could possibly get a job, from local newspapers to smaller magazine publications to local online news blogs. At the very least, it wasn't in front of a screen.

Ran the original 1957 Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella while I worked. I go further into the first of three versions of the beloved fairy tale on TV on my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella (1957)

Moved to Garfield and Friends while making a quick Peach-Tomato Smoothie for lunch. They did several episodes on fantasy and make-believe over the years. I went with a couple from the fourth and fifth season. "Canvas Back Cat" winds up going on for his owner when Jon is suckered into fighting a masked wrestler. Garfield has to trick the wrestler to keep him and Jon from getting flattened. Orson, Roy, and Wade travel to a "Make Believe Moon" when Orson shows how his imagination spots work. Two weasels try to steal chickens while they're distracted. "The Creature That Lived In the Refrigerator, Behind the Ketchup, and To the Left of a the Coleslaw" has mutated from Jon's discarded food idea. Garfield knows the best way to get rid of it.

Did one more short as I got ready to head out. "Airborne Odie" wants nothing more than to fly. A genie (guest star Buddy Hackett) gives him his wish...but he ends up using it to save Garfield.

It was still slightly humid and cool when I headed out, but the weather had turned mostly sunny and windy. Newton Lake Park was stunning today. The wind rippled in the ribbon of green water and rustled the leaves in the trees. They were just as busy as they were on Sunday, with kids playing in the playground and people walking their dogs and fishing and going for a stroll. The traffic wasn't bad, either. I had no trouble making it up to Haddonfield right on time for counseling.

My session went very well. In fact, it went pretty fast. On one hand, I haven't gotten much writing done. I've been inside for a lot of the summer and am having a hard time concentrating. Even if I had the money to do any kind of traveling, it's just been too hot.

On the other hand, some good has come out of the past few months. I've spent more time with pretty much everyone in my family. I've been thoroughly enjoying Match Game and the other shows on Buzzr. I've been able to continue with my blogs, including the above-mentioned Musical Dreams Reviews, with no trouble. I'll hopefully be getting that furniture from Rose soon.

Mrs. Stahl says continue writing essays...and consider talking to Rose and Jodie and calling the doctor either on my own or with Jodie's help. It's been two years since we first brought up me seeing a doctor, and while the paperwork is done, I still haven't seen them. Rose isn't going to have the time to do it. She's got enough on her plate. Its time we did it ourselves.

The sun was fully out by the time I was making my way down Haddon Avenue. Primo's Water Ice was busy with kids and their parents getting last treats before school begins next week. I went with the Oreo Cookie Dough flavor again. This time, it had a touch of mint to it, making me think that a water ice version of that Mint Chocolate Fudge ice cream I had a while back.

Went straight home across Newton Lake Park again. Took the shortcut over the hill and past the field of sunflowers and the Environmental Center. Thankfully, despite it being close to rush hour, the traffic wasn't bad on the White Horse Pike or Cuthbert and I had no problems going home.

Tried to work on writing when I got in. Once again, didn't get far. Leia is shot in the leg, knocking out her flight powers. Harris is more than happy when she lands in his arms.

Broke for dinner at quarter after 6. Watched another Garfield and Friends episode while making chicken cutlets with potatoes and tomatoes sauteed in lemon white wine sauce for dinner. Roy gets Orson and Wade "Once Upon a Time Warp" when he re-writes Orson's history book to keep from having to pay Wade back. Jon's normally desperate for a date, but even he's not crazy about the witch who wants to marry him in "Bride and Bloom." His pets try to find a better match for her.

"The Worst Pizza In the History of Mankind" was made by Jon's Italian ancestor. A certain handsome cat has to save him from an angry mob who tried to eat it. Orson reads Jack & the Beanstalk to the chicks, Roy, and Wade, but they want to hear more and write their own sequel, "Jack II: The Rest of the Story." The Buddy Bears try to sneak in some culture and just end up spoofing Garfield's bad eating habits in "The Garfield Opera."

Finished the night with the Lego Star Wars. I'm slowly inching along with the Return of the Jedi Super Story. I made it to the very end of the "Battle of Endor" round this time. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish it soon.

No comments: