Thursday, August 08, 2019

Busy Summertime

Yikes! I overslept this morning and had just enough time to write in my journal, get dressed, have a quick breakfast, and watch another episode of What's New, Scooby Doo? Though I saw it when it was first run, I couldn't resist "A Terrifying Round With a Menacing Metallic Clown." Shaggy takes command for once when a clown obstacle at a mini-golf tournament comes to life and starts abducting golfers. Shaggy's entered in the tournament and is hoping to retain his title. Velma, on the other hand, is terrified of clowns after a childhood incident (shown in the style of the "babyfied" 80's Scooby show A Pup Named Scooby Doo) and hangs around eating with Scooby.

Rushed off to work as soon as the cartoon finished. Thankfully, unlike yesterday, I was mostly able to spend the day outside, gathering carts. I did do a few returns early on and rounded up trash, but the head bagger came in later and did the bathrooms. I swept for her while she was doing something else. Other than running into a few grouchy people, there were no problems whatsoever.

Went straight home after work. Changed and got organized while watching the next Scooby episode. The "Block Long Hong Kong Horror" is a dragon who has stolen a precious candy ring from a toy store. The gang searches for the dragon and the ring, while Shaggy and Scooby look for someone to repair Shaggy's favorite rubber duck and Shaggy becomes interested in a pretty acrobat.

First stop after I went back out was at Phillies Phatties for lunch. It was past 1:30 by then, and there were a couple of people inside, enjoying the tail end of the lunch hour. I had a slice of mushroom pizza, a slice of my favorite "margarita" (basil and mozzarella on tomato), and a can of Cherry Vanilla Pepsi. Enjoyed my meal while watching what I believe to be the Dreamworks cartoon show Trollhunters of Arcadia.

Took the long way to Westmont across Newton Lake Park. While it was killer humid, it was also sunny, breezy, and not ridiculously hot for August, probably in the mid-80's. Surprisingly, despite the nice day and the wind rustling through the dark green leaves, the only folks I ran into at the park were Canadian geese.

The Haddon Township Library was much busier. They finally got new, wider metal shelves for the kids' DVD collection. Those had mostly been shelved, but there were piles of adult titles to put away. I still have movies I haven't watched at home and didn't take any out, but I did take out a young adult fantasy novel about a young girl and her adventures in the desert and the next Bryant and May book, Bryant & May Off the Rails.

It was so late when I got out, I limited my stops on the way home to grabbing a Dasani Sparkling Water at Target. Everyone must be on vacation this week. Despite it being the height of rush hour, the traffic wasn't bad going home, even on Cuthbert.

Worked on writing for a while when I got in. Yoda wants to take Luke out to the swamps for a run. Rudy doesn't think that's a good idea with a storm coming, but Yoda thinks it'll be good for Luke to be out in the fresh air...

Didn't break for dinner until 7, when I had leftovers and watched more Scooby. "Gold Paw" once again reunites the kids with the Secret Six puppies, who are visiting Fort Knox. A monster that seems to be made of gold is running around the place, kidnapping military men and puppies alike. Fred and the girls try to figure out what this golden fiend is after. Shaggy and Scooby are more interested in helping to keep their favorite soda, Goldade, in business.

Played Lego Star Wars after dinner. I got so close to finishing the Super Story for Empire Strikes Back, but I just couldn't get through the last round. I'll either give it another shot tomorrow, or try to do "Hoth Battle."

Finished the night with You Can't Run Away From It. I go into more details on this remake of It Happened One Night at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

You Can't Run Away From It

No comments: