Thursday, August 29, 2019

Getting So Much Better

Awoke to an absolutely stunning day. It had cooled off enough by the end of breakfast for me to switch the air conditioner off again and open all the windows. It was so nice, I decided to make cookies for work on Saturday. I had just enough butter, sugar, and flour left to make Snickerdoodles, butter cookies rolled in cinnamon sugar. They came out perfectly, chewy and spicy-sweet.

Watched the 1965 Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella while I baked. I go further into the version of Cinderella I grew up with on my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella (1965)

Did two episodes of Sailor Moon from the second season revolving around fairy tales as I cleaned up and got ready for work. An, one of a pair of aliens looking to zap energy from students, cheats on drawing straws in order to "Steal a Kiss from Mamoru! An's Project Snow White!" and get the leading role in his play. Usagi is horrified when she's the wicked witch! An's looking forward to kissing Mamoru, but her partner Ali is jealous and sends a monster to stop the show.

Much later, after the arrival of Chibi-Usa, Usagi is telling the little girl the story of Sleeping Beauty in "Awaken the Sleeping Beauty! Mamoru's Distress." She's hoping to get a little romance back in her life. Mamoru has been telling her their through, and he was seen driving another girl home. Upset, Chibi-Usa runs out, attracting the Guardians and the evil Ayakashi Sisters Petz and Calaveras. The witches put Usagi to sleep...and only a kiss from her reluctant sweetheart can save her.

Thank heavens after yesterday, work was no problem whatsoever. I was outside the entire day, when I wasn't alternating sweeping the store with the head bagger. This was no day to be shopping. The weather couldn't have been nicer, sunny, early 80's temperatures, fresh winds. It was so gorgeous, I took the long way home down Nicholson Road, despite it being rush hour and having to dodge a lot of cars.

Instead of working on fanfiction when I got home, I decided to get the musical review done. I tend to push it so late at night, I get this entry done late and end up going to bed late. Thought I'd take advantage of my having watched it this morning to finish it earlier.

Broke for dinner at 6:30. Did one more Sailor Moon episode while eating a fried egg wrap with sauteed tomatoes, mushrooms, and cheddar cheese. Skipped ahead two seasons to Sailor Moon Super S. Romantic Makoto falls in love at first sight with a handsome man who danced with her in "Destined Partners? Makoto's Innocence." She literally waits up all night to see him again. That man is Tiger's Eye of the Amazon Trio, and he's more interested in her dream mirror than her dreams of love.

Returned to Lego Star Wars. I still can't get past the Return of the Jedi Super Story! I'll get to the end of "Battle of Endor" and no further. I'll keep working on it until I go on vacation, and if I can't get it by then, well, 99.6 isn't a bad place to be.

I finished the night with more Match Game. Did an early one from '73 and a pack from '74 and '75. Kick back with your drink of choice and have fun!

Match Game '73 (Betty White gets very embarrassed when she fails to match "Pass" and "Word"...and she's married to the host of the game show Password.)
Match Game '74 (The contestants are missing all together in the opening. Later, host Bert Convy has a unique way of coming in and advertising his new game show Tattletales.)
Match Game '74 (Betty's Password-hosting hubby Allen Ludden comes in for some teasing when his answer seems a little strange to the rest of the panel.)
Match Game '75 (Huge hams Jack Cassidy and Richard Dawson put on their best pirate voices to read a nautical-themed question.)
Match Game '75 (Gene has to get between Brett and Charles when they start in on each other again.)

No comments: