Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Showers, Showers Everywhere

Kicked off a cloudy, gloomy morning with breakfast and the original cast album for My Favorite Year. Tim Curry takes the Peter O'Toole role as the former swashbuckling movie star turned drunk who was hired to appear on a popular 50's comedy show. Lanie Kazan reprises her role as the kid's Jewish mother. The stand-out here is the opening perfectly describing the chaos that went on before a live show in the 50's, "Twenty Million People."

Rushed off to work even before the CD ended. It wasn't raining when I left, but by the time I was outside doing carts, it had begun to shower lightly. It showered off and on, mostly lightly, pretty much for the rest of the day. I did do cold returns, shelved candy, and swept the store, but I mostly spent the day trying to gather the carts before the rain got worse.

Thankfully, it wasn't raining when I made my way home. I had changed and had a snack, then finally got around to vacuuming and shaking out the rag rug and welcome mat as well as I could in the continuing light shower. It needed to be done, especially in the bathroom and in the bedroom, where hair tends to build.

Worked on writing for a while after I finished. Harris is glad to be getting closer with Leia, especially after Maz makes them dinner. She also manages to corral Chewie and feed him and lead Charlie out after he gets so drunk, he tries to hit up a coat rack. ("Maybe he'll get lucky this time," Harris quips.)

Broke for dinner at quarter after 6. Threw together taco turkey meat, corn cut off the cob, tomatoes, onions, and cheese for Southwestern Turkey Casserole. Enjoyed my dinner while watching some Three Stooges. They have "Crime On Their Hands" when Shemp eats a priceless diamond and the thieves who stole it are willing to cut him open to get it back. The boys may have an unusual rescuer, in the form of a gorilla!

Moved on to Lego Star Wars after dinner. Finally got through "Jedi Destiny," but had no luck elsewhere. Just missed one in "Hoth Battle" and three in "Jabba's Palace."

Finished the night with the 1936 version of Show Boat, the first of two I'll be watching this week. I go into more details on this classic at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

Show Boat (1936)

No comments: