Saturday, February 05, 2022

Out In the Sunshine

Overslept this morning. Got a quick start with breakfast and more Backyardigans. "Surf's Up" is another episode I never got around to seeing when all the DVDs of this show were at the Haddon Township Library. Pablo wants to catch the perfect wave at the legendary Tiki Beach, but the Mysterious Lifeguard (Austin) sends him to the wrong beaches. He first encounters Tyrone, then Uniqua. Each time, they teach each other different radical new moves...until Austin finally decides they've learned enough to be worthy of the famous surfing destination.

Rushed out shortly after the episode ended. I was nearly an hour late to my appointment at PNC Bank. Thanks to that, I did have to wait to talk to Quincy, the partner of Joshua, the young man who helped me get my credit card back in October. I explained to the cheerful African-American youth my situation, he typed out the letter, and I was on my way in twenty minutes.

I wasn't in the mood to go straight home. Besides, it was too nice of a day to rush. Despite the chilly wind, it was sunny and bright. I just finished the last of the Hat Shop mysteries I took out of the Oaklyn Library this morning, too. I briefly hit the Collingswood Library to use the bathroom and pick up a book in a mystery series revolving around a woman with a reclaimed furniture shop. 

Strolled down busy Haddon Avenue past many families and couples out for strolls to Groove Grounds, the super-hip coffee and record shop across from The Lumberyard apartments. There were lots of chatting college students and young white-collar workers out with friends (including one guy with a cute little fluffy corgi-type dog on a leash). I settled for ordering a hot chocolate, picking up a K-Tel album I'd never seen before, Super Star Collection Vol. 1 from 1979, reading The Fast and the Furriest, and listening to the chatter around me. 

Went straight home after that. Made a chocolate banana smoothie for lunch, then rested for a while as I watched Rags on Paramount Plus. I go further into this gender-bent modern Cinderella tale from Nickelodeon at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 


Went online after that to check for more apartments. No luck whatsoever. There just isn't anything. I e-mailed a screening form to the Camden County Council on Economic Service's rental assistance program, but I don't know how much they'll be able to help me. I don't make enough to afford living in this area, but I make slightly more than "low-income" now. 

It was past 7 before I broke for dinner. Had salmon with herbs, sauteed green beans and tomatoes, and bulgur while watching She's a Good Skate, Charlie Brown in honor of the Winter Olympics. Snoopy's really putting Peppermint Patty through her paces to practice for a local skating competition, including getting her up at 4 AM to work on jumps. She thinks Marcie will make her skating outfit, but Marcie can't sew. Snoopy does it. It's Woodstock who ends up saving her performance when Snoopy's tape of her music gets jammed.

An episode of The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show featured several skits for Christmas and Valentine's Day. Many of them, like Charlie Brown and Sally selling wreaths, Peppermint Patty dressed as a sheep for a Christmas show, Sally getting her line wrong, and Charlie Brown waiting for Valentines by the mail box, would turn up in the later It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown and A Charlie Brown Valentine. 

No comments: