Saturday, July 23, 2022

Sleepy Time Gal

The day did not begin well. First of all, I slept late because I was up later than I should have been. It took me forever to find an Uber at quarter of 8 in the morning, too. All of this resulted in my being 10 minutes late for work.

Not that work was much better. We were off and on dead for most of the day. Even when it did pick up around noon, it was never more than mildly steady. I spent the entire day stuck behind a register, and I hated it. It's boring, when it's not draining from having to deal with dozens of people and their demands at once. I know I shouldn't complain, but I'm just not comfortable with it. 

It was steaming hot and humid when I got out. Uber said they'd be there in four minutes, but it was more like 8. At any rate, they did finally turn up and got me home fairly quickly, thanks to their being no traffic anywhere. 

Went straight home and upstairs after I arrived. Put on Match Game '77 while changing and having a snack. This is the episode from earlier in the week where Marcia Wallace and Gene Rayburn throw out a lot of wacky patter. This could have stemmed from Marcia being on a roll and matching half the questions.

Went down for a nap after the show ended. I had really early work today, and I was dead tired when I got off. Slept for almost two hours, trying to avoid the intense heat and get some rest. Still felt tired when I got up, but I wanted to do some writing.

Picked up with my story around quarter of 5. Jack (Klugman) the Red Knight appears riding down the road, but he's distracted by Brett and is knocked off his horse by a tree branch. He continues to insist Brett is his prisoner. She would disagree...and so would another familiar knight coming down the road...

Broke for dinner at 6:30. Watched Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood as I ate. "Daniel Follows the Rules at the Pool" when he and his mother go swimming. He learns why you shouldn't run at the pool when he slips at the base of the elephant slides. Prince Wednesday has to get Queen Sarah Saturday when their ball goes in the main pool. "Daniel's Swim Class" is lots of fun, until Prince Tuesday the lifeguard has to clear them out due to an oncoming storm. 

Finished the night on Disney Plus with The Tigger Movie. I go further into the only Pooh film to focus on his bouncy buddy at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

No comments: