Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Summer Winds

Slept in so late, I ended up eating breakfast while writing. Charles tells The Red King Mark and Red Knight Jack he'll deal with the Lion and the Unicorn. The Red King is more than happy to let him deal with them. He'd rather be handling his prisoners than squabbling animals. Brett's able to join Charles after ducking out from behind a tree. She has no idea unicorns even existed. Charles says it's all right. They didn't know humans existed, either. 

Broke to change and rush out to work. It was still sunny when I headed out, but also very windy and far more hotter and more humid than yesterday. It was also lunch hour. Had to dodge some traffic crossing the White Horse Pike and Nicholson Road.

I was so tired, I was a mess at work. I'd give anything for a job with more consistency. I was a cashier for most of the day...except for the hour and a half when the head bagger wanted to work with customers and not push carts. I really wish I could have stayed with the carts. We were fairly busy, not because we had a lot of people, but because our hours were heavily cut and we didn't have enough employees to deal with them. I just kept panicking when people had to put back things they didn't want or didn't understand something on their receipt and held up long lines. I really wish I could talk to these people, but I always end up stammering and stuttering. I just don't know what to say. 

I was a little worried when I got out of work. Thick black clouds moved in about an hour before I finished, and it remained killer humid and very windy. Thankfully, not only did they hold off long enough for me to get home, but it hasn't done anything yet at press time besides look dreary.

Went straight into a late dinner and the second half of Match Game PM when I got in. Came just in time to see a British contestant in a tight Match Game PM t-shirt get help from Scoey Mitchill and Susan Sullivan in figuring out "The Living __" in the Audience Match. Richard didn't have much luck with "__ Mix" in the Head-to-Head.

Finished out the night with For the Boys at Amazon Prime in honor of James Caan, who passed away last week. I go further into this vehicle for him and Bette Midler about a pair of USO headliners who bicker their way through three wars at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

No comments: